Audulus 3 Library Reface

What about adding another knob-type node that is a knob with a modulation input. Would make it quicker to build things. Or maybe the knob widget could have an option “Mod In” (that you would set the same way you set the Toggle property of Triggers) that would expose a modulation input for the knob.

1 Like

There are several modules in the library that have that - the VC Switch, for example, allows you to attenuate the incoming mod signal to restrict the range of selection.

It’s pretty easy to build - you might just need a knob attached to a level node to attenuate input, for example, but this has an offset control, so I’m limiting it with a clamp(x,0,1) expression.

1 Like

Diode VCA Demo.audulus (1.7 MB)

4 Likes

@SansNom definitely made an awesome diode simulation.

4 Likes

Easy, quick fun with the new module library designs. Easily got lost adding more switching and sequencing with some added drums: Diode VCA Demo RGplay.audulus (2.3 MB)

2 Likes

What is the formal explanation for what the shape knob controls?

1 Like

Sine - wavefolder
Tri - waveshaper @robertsyrett designed
Saw - supersaw
Square - pulse width

3 Likes

wow thank you, this looks awesome. gonna mess with it now. the list of ideas for patches i want to try out is absurd at this point. i’ve started keeping a sort of “patch idea diary”. audulus rules

1 Like

I’m about to wrap up the first edition of the reface library. If there are any last minute additions you want to see in the library, post them here!

1 Like

Does anyone know of an easy way to bring the reface into the iPad version? Right now, I need to go to “iCloud Drive” to go into the Files selection screen to select items from the reface. I’ve happily worked with this since the new modules are really nice, but if there’s an easier method, that would be really awesome.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thats the easiest way right now - in Audulus 4 we’re going to add a way to put your own custom modules into the main directory but iCloud is closest you can get for now

1 Like

You can also use dropbox, which is what I do.

1 Like

Added a couple more modules - Audulus 3 Library WIP v0.0.12.zip (655.6 KB)

This is a CV Mixer that autolevels based on @robertsyrett’s VCO mixer.

16%20PM

CV Mixer Demo.audulus (59.5 KB)

Also included is a nice minimal 8 channel mixer that has an enveloped mute so it doesn’t click.

8 Channel Mixer.audulus (55.0 KB)

56%20PM

4 Likes

I’m blanking on how to get the BP output of a filter. It would be nice to be able to morph like with this filter, but be able to morph into BPF as well.

SEM VCF.audulus (23.5 KB)

I was just doing an A/B on the uKick vs. the doubled 909 setup I usually use. There seems to be some punch on the uKick that is distinct. At the same time I really like the versatility of the 909 cluster.

Kick AvB.audulus (879.5 KB)

The cluster may also be slightly less CPU heavy. Wonering if maybe the cluster should be its own module; some sort of stacked package, the wavefolded LFO seems quite useful for adjusting pitch after a strike.

1 Like

The original signal - the notch should give you a bandpass I think

2 Likes

I went back and looked at the sansnom model and tapped the same spots he did for the BP and HP, which means you can you can simplify a lot at the output section. No need to make HP twice or morf three ways, a simple crossfade from LP to HP will create a notch .

SEM VCF with bandpass.audulus (21.3 KB)

edit: I also changed env to mod since it could be any modulation going to the filter (which is designed not to close) and added the clipping indicator back in for fun.

3 Likes

Transistor VCF.audulus (34.7 KB)

@SansNom’s multimode ladder filter in new format!

2 Likes

@robertsyrett or @sansnom - either of you know how to make a HPF-NOT-LPF out of the korg filter? I too am looking at the old thread and see two separate models there for HP and LP but thinking there’s just tapped in different ways.

1 Like

Korg35 MMF.audulus (35.5 KB)

Here you go.

The HP and LP filters @SansNom made are actually pretty different inside in respects to where the diode clipper is (which gives it both it’s character) in the signal path. This is an interpretation of the Korg 35 LP which has been modified to close fully as a high pass and still sound resonant as a notch. Drive has been added, like with the other adaptations, but with a very moderate index as the distortion has a definite sweet spot.

2 Likes