432.1 Hz

This is another idea I am investigating. I was wondering how easy it is to play the keyboard in a different tuning. In my case I want to play in ‘natural’ tuning of 432.1 Hz instead of 440 Hz. I just put a division of 432.1/440 after the keyboard and it just works. Wow, even 16 voice Polyphony gets recalculated! Amazing stuff is Audulus. Have fun!

432.1.audulus (71.0 KB)

4 Likes

I love how precise you can be with Audulus. Once you get used to it, it’s hard to go back to synths where all that stuff it buried in some deep menu setting if at all.

3 Likes

Here here! Audulus fans rejoice and spread the word. I am seriously amazed that A3 isn’t more widely recognized and adopted in the music industry! It really is that great :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A=432 Hz has little to do science. Most of the explanations are just bullshit, like Schumann frequency and cosmic resonance, earth rotation, conspiracy of the nazi’s to adopt 440 Hz …
Well tempered tuning vs. pythagorean, etc. is really interesting, but there is no holy grail to find there too :grinning:
Microtonal and quarter notes, greek Dromos, arabic Maqam. There is a lot to investigate once you deviate from A=440 Hz.
My puzzle is how to implement some of these ideas in Audulus. Tuning the keyboard to A=4432. is just one of them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like
3 Likes

Thanx!

1 Like

Adam “demystifying” the 432hz

2 Likes

Audulus is an excellent tool for exploring alternate tunings and atonal music.

https://discourse.audulus.com/search?q=Quantizer

2 Likes