How to Think in Audulus - The Control Signal Looper
  • CSlooper8.audulus
  • This is a nice module for adding automation type functionality to patches.
  • @Paulinko - glad you like it! :)
  • Hi! I have been walking through your tutorials in Audulus....and I realized I have a question (one of many to come!). I am looking at the section explaining muxes and demuxes and one part I don't quite follow : I get that they require a value - 0 thru 7 in example - and that floor eliminates the fractional potion of a value....but what I don't get is how it calculates an appropriate value from the the timer. If the timer value switches to "783" how does that translate to 0 thru 7? Is there a divisor inside the mux? Or maybe value does not matter? Is it just that the mux advances on any new value?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Forgive me...I just realized I probably put that last comment/question in the wrong topic....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • @DoubleStop - what do you mean "the timer"? There are no values that reach 783 in this module.

Do you mean the LFO? The LFO is 0-1 and it gets translated internally to 0-7.9999, which is then floored to make 8 equal steps of 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7.

Hopefully that clarifies it - if not, can you elaborate on what you mean by the timer?
  • @DoubleStop The mux and demux nodes: contain a built-in mod(X,8).
  • Oh. So when I see your second tutorial (in Audulus). You have the section that illustrates the mux and de-mux. (I'm not an electronics guy...). You have a timer that feeds the floor node that feeds the "sel" input. If I connect a value display to the output of the floor I see its just an increasing counter with every tick of the clock. I guess I was confused on whether that advancing number has any significance to the mux. That's one thing that is a little lacking. The description of the nodes are just single sentences. Unlike the modules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • I'm just trying to understand how the mux works. Besides the confusion above (and I see the "sel" value has little significance except =>1 or whether it's negative or positive). The other input "in" doesn't make sense. The only thing I can see is that if it's value is >= 1 the mux works. Otherwise it does not. Is that all it is? Just an on/off switch?

• Forgive me I just realized I confused this whole topic by referring to Mixes....when I really was referring to the de-mux section of the tutorial.

• Damn auto correct!

• @DoubleStop - I see why I was confused - you said tutorial and I figured you were talking about the tutorial at the top of the page that explains how the CSLooper works! Here's the breakdown of what you're asking:

When the select input of the Mux/Demux hits 8, it wraps around from Input/Output 7 to Input/Output 1. It also works in the negative direction as well. Try attaching audio to it for some crazy effects! It works this way because otherwise values outside of 0 and 7.9999...etc would do nothing to the node.

A Mux routes one of 8 inputs to a single output.

A Demux routes one input to one of 8 outputs.

The 1 that you see directed towards the lights turns the light node on. Any non-zero value will turn the light on, I just entered 1 because it's simple.

Hope that makes sense! Let me know if you need more explanation.