gliss module (a linear slew module)
  • The slew module is really efficient but the glissando it produces is a bit weird. It logarithmically slides to the new pitch which produces different speeds when bending up or down. @biminiroad brought it up here : http://forum.audulus.com/discussion/842/smooth-start-timer#Item_8

The gliss module slides linearly from one note to the next so it sounds the same going up as it does going down. Hz input is scaled logarithmically so that a one octave gliss low on the keyboard takes the same amount of time as one octave high on the keyboard. You can plug anything into the 1/oct input and output and it will slide linearly between the last value and the new value.

**Edit updated with constant speed mode and faster run time
    gliss module.audulus
  • THANK YOU!!!!! Man this has been on my wishlist forever. You rock.
  • @biminiroad - no problem! I just updated the patch with a constant speed mode. In that mode notes hit closer together arrive at their destinations faster than notes hit farther apart. Its a pretty cool effect in poly mode because the notes don't all arrive at the same time.
  • @Drewyeah - try reuploading it - it's not here
  • @biminiroad - sorry I just uploaded it to the first post so people wouldn't have to follow the thread. Here it is again.
    gliss module.audulus
  • @drewyeah - it's actually not there in the first post - it's a little glitchy sometimes removing and reposting. We're looking into newer better forum stuff, but that's after Windows gets released :)
  • @drewyeah – this is super useful, thanks for sharing!
  • @drewyeah - it's something that's up with my browser, happened in another patch, sorry! haha
  • @Xoki - you're welcome!

@biminiroad - no worries!
  • Thanks, very useful!

afta8 module is a LP filter, a very cpu efficient and clever design. Attached to this post is 6 dB/oct filter I've done with the biquad node (will post an update to my thread) that does the same thing but extends a lot the glissando time. Actually you can use any LP¨filter, the 12 dB/oct with resonance can give you some fun vibrato (see the picture)!

Cheersimage

Edit: sure you still get a non-linear behavior, so not suitable to many applications. Can be complementary to the linear behavior proposed by drewyeah.
    gliss module.audulus
    filter_gliss.PNG
    2048 x 1536 - 281K
  • @SansNom - very enlightening! Thanks for sharing that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!