• @RobertSyrett. Finally came up with a tilt module I liked. Can't say it the best patch I've ever done, but it does makes some neat sounds. Here I'm using it to modulate the level and phase of a harmonic oscillator.
    Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 5.14.34 PM.png
    2766 x 2230 - 873K
    Tilt!.audulus
  • I like the sounds too. Nice job!
  • Added an even-odd mode which inverts the even and odd channels. Useful for separating the even and odd harmonics
    Tilt!.audulus
  • Wow, that's awesome! And such lovely dancing meters too!
  • @RobertSyrett, Thought I’d try for something a bit more complex than a simple tilt. I kind of overdid it with modulation in the demo patch. Modulating one knob at a time is probably more useful. The labels on the knobs are a bit misleading because they all interact. I felt like the meters were necessary to see what it it’s doing. You really have to play with it. Like the new profile pic!
  • >You really have to play with it.

That is exactly the plan! :)
  • Has anyone built a 16 band equalizer? This would be a good match.
  • Legend has it that @macromachines has such a module but he isn't sharing >:^(
  • How would you do it? A bunch of bandpass filters? This would be a nice place for FFT node, though that raises more questions than answers.
  • Looks like it's time to make a bark filter for audulus.
  • Bandpass filters configured to boost or cut a frequency band, I believe. I don't think biquads would be the best choice for this since they apparently don't respond well to rapid modulation.
  • awwww, but biquad filters are the only ones I know how to make :\
  • I redid the tiltatron using sine waves. More interesting patterns I think. In the demo I'm using it to drive a harmonic generator that outputs reverse saws instead of sine waves. The generator has a gate to switch all the odd harmonics to saws. The strategy I used to eliminate aliasing on the sine wave unit doesn't really work on saws, so there's some aliasing, but really who cares with saws?
    Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 4.56.38 PM.png
    3666 x 2654 - 1M
    Tiltatron V3 demo.audulus