0-Coast Inspired Synth (1-Toast)

Well, since interest in the first version of this project (the 0-Toast) still seems to be a thing, I thought I should make a version that is both more CPU efficient and closer in sound to 0-Coast. It also reflects a lot of growth in my understanding in how to design things like looping function generators and oscillators.

Included in the fun pack are the 1-Toast, uModular versions of the components, and a mini synth version of the 0-Coast's default patch (the one that you end up playing when you forget your patch cables).

I wouldn't mind making some comparison videos, as there are naturally some differences in how it sounds, but I'm not quite sure how to set it up, so no promises.

Please enjoy, and report any bugs you come across.
    Adapted Patch Examples from 0-Coast Manual.audulus
    2M
    Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 9.20.49 PM.png
    924 x 572 - 171K
    1-Toast Fun Pack.audulus
  • This is brilliant Robert. Thank you!
    I’ve had it on my mind for quite some time that it would be great to have a uModular version of the O-Toast building-blocks, and now you’ve done it. Also makes total sense to keep some of the bits out of the box. And a set of manual patches as well. What a party!
  • @Rudiger Happy to oblige! Looking forward to see what people come up with :)
  • So much YES!!! Thanks for this @RobertSyrett.
  • 0-Coast Patch of the Week #20: Rhythmic Animation with TEMPO In Division.

For extra credit, run the output of the 1-Toast through a z-1 unit delay and back into the lin FM input of the oscillator for a soothing drone effect.
    Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 6.41.32 PM.png
    792 x 667 - 165K
    0-Coast POTW 20.audulus
  • Ha! I had actually watched this video a couple times today and had thought about patching this one up using your 1-Toast module. The early nerd gets the slurm I guess!
    Slurm1.png
    235 x 220 - 30K
  • Glorious.

I have to say, Audulus is more addicting than binging on Everybody Loves Hypnotoad!