Preset Synth Voice
  • The binary to decimal conversion technique that @stschoen used in his quantizer has lit a fuse in my brain tonight and I better see it through to a proof of concept before I lose steam.

The idea is that you can use the 16-bit code to get 4 knobs worth of parameters and then use the quad<>mono nodes to fit 16 knobs worth of info into a single slot in a mux node. So I have patched up a simple subtractive synth voice that internally has 16 parameters that can be stored as preset info.

I had to use a reference tool to create the codes that make up the presets and that is included along with the patch. It shouldn't be too hard for intermediate Audulus users to create their own presets and for advanced users to translate this idea to their own pet projects.

It seems to be a little CPU intensive, so I doubt I am going to make big patches with this, but it is a great way to show the range of a given patch when sharing and is a whole new avenue (I think) to explore while designing modules.
    Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 3.39.45 AM.png
    772 x 651 - 119K
    Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 3.40.29 AM.png
    1793 x 968 - 335K
    preset synth voice proto type..audulus
    prototype demo.audulus
  • Here's a second take at basically the same patch. The main difference is the presets are names with something that approximately describes them and you attach them to the patch and you design your preset selection outside the synth.
    preset vox v 2.audulus
    preset vox v2 demo.audulus
    1M
    Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 5.06.34 PM.png
    992 x 688 - 136K