Midi output please!
  • We could use audulus as a midi processor If there was a midi output. I use Bidule for that on a PC.
  • Yes, nice! So are you thinking along the lines of having MIDI connections within the app too? Or rather, say a MIDI send node that will translate velocities/pitch into MIDI events? (the latter would be much easier for me to do)

cheers
    - Taylor
  • I personally don't much see the need or benefit of having MIDI within the app, but a full-featured MIDI output node that translates signals into MIDI messages would be great: instant algorithmic composition!
  • midi transformations within the app? YES PLEASE :-)
    then we can play with scale transformations and do arpeggiators, etc.
    Also a midi clock in would be quite handy in the AU.
  • I'd add that sending OSC as well as MIDI would be excellent for flexibility and interoperability - using Audulus to algorithmically control other apps via OSC would be great.
  • +1 midi, osc
  • This is coming in a newer update - this 3.3 update had to be finished first before MIDI out was implemented. Basically, if Taylor had implemented MIDI out before this z-1 rewrite, he would have had to redo the programming for MIDI out again. So don't worry, it's coming!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!