The Help button
  • I have just purchased Audulus 3, and for all the components the help button shows an emtpy window (IOS11). Going online is not an option when you have no wifi nearby, so having even a quick help for the basic input and output parameters would be very appreciated (example: the 7even deadly saws vco: what ‘a’, ‘e’, ‘o’ stands for?)
  • @TheXOR - download this if you cant find it in your audulus

Menu -> Open Example -> 1-Reference -> Input Output Glossary
    help.audulus
  • @Phal_anx thanks for the assist! And @TheXOR - let me know if you have any follow up questions :)
  • @biminiroad - you are welcome ;)
  • @Phal_anx thank you very much !
    It is a great help for a newbie like me. thanks!
    that said, is just a workaround; I have to switch patch to this one while I’m working.
    I really would like to see the help system correctly implemented. It is not, and given that there was NOT an upgrade path for v2 owners, this app is quite expensive (more or less €40) and should be at least finished, imho. in two days, I found that:
    - help is.... what help?
    - text edit does not work (IOS11): the textbox input does not allow the lenghty text I see inside some nodes. maybe they have been created from a pc/mac.
    - on an ipad pro 2017, when the cpu load approaches 50% there are a lot of crackles if audulus is in foreground. this could be related to interface refresh, because if I pan out of the screen as much animation as possible, the crackles seem to be less frequent.
  • @TheXOR. I think the upgrade from one version to the next is hampered by Apple. I also have an iPad Pro 2017, and I experience crackles when I'm up above ~75%. I wonder what makes the difference.

Oh and the text editing is definitely easier on the desktop version, but definitely not impossible. I find that for longer text blocks, it's easier to use the notepad and cut and paste.
  • I think it's a bit unfair to criticize Audulus for using web-based help files. Many iOS apps use web-based help including Apples own Pages, GarageBand etc. Given that iOS devices often have limited storage, the choice is to add significantly to the app's size or host the documentation online. Even mac and PC apps, where storage is not such an important concern very often have the help system online.
    As far as text entry is concerned, Audulus only allows text to be entered as one long line. Neither the iOS or macOS version allows returns to be entered as part of the text (although it would be nice if you could). The long text you see has been entered as a single line, and is wrapped automatically by adjusting the size of the text box.
    I'm not sure why you are experiencing audio problems at 50%. I have an iPad Air 2 and don't get any artifacts until I'm at about 75%. Have you tried closing all other background apps and turning on airplane mode. (I know you don't have an active internet connection, but that may not stop poorly designed apps from trying anyway).
  • Welcome to the forums @TheXOR !!!
  • @RobertSyrett this is unteresting. Are you on IOS11? My device has been reinitialized a week ago, btw.
  • @TheXOR I'm on iOS 10.3.5 for some reason. Suddenly I feel no urgency to update :|
  • I'm on 10.3.3
  • Definitely a graphic issue. Crackles like a crazy if I rotate the screen (turning the ipad between portrait and landscape mode). My model is a 12.9, maybe the extra pixels put some strain. I wish I had the possibility to partially (or totally) disable animations, as I can't downgrade to 10.3.3 :-(
    Thanks to everybody for your help
  • What would be interesting would be a PD mode, where all graphics get set to minimal.
  • Have you tried running Audulus in background mode? You have to switch it on in options (wrench). It would be a good way to eliminate Audulus graphics for testing.
  • I'm not an expert, but I don't think it's a graphics issue - the graphics take up a certain % of the CPU and for some reason it's just marginally enough to run it into a new, lower overhead. At least this is what Taylor has said to me in the past when I've mentioned similar things to him about related crackling issues in the past.