Oscillator Resources
  • Found this manual referenced on Facebook today - very illustrative and inspiring!

http://controlvoltage.net/manuals/intellijel/Rubicon-illustrated.pdf

Post your other waveshaping/oscillator resources below :)
  • The one thing in there I haven't really comprehended is thu-zero exponential FM. Seems like exponential curves are asymptotic to zero. How you going through the zero frequency then?
  • I see @RobertSyrett's point. A traditional exponential curve y=a^x never goes negative for any value of x. As Robert says it is asymptotic to zero. You could certainly offset the curve from the origin, but I'm not sure I see the point. As I understand it, through-zero behavior is mostly of interest with respect to FM synthesis where a linear response would typically be more useful. Another area where it could be of interest would be LFO modulation, but again it would seem that a linear response would make more sense.
  • The only way to find out is to buy a rubicon and look at it with an oscilloscope.
  • Here are the phase aligned waveforms outlined in the Rubicon manual. That should be useful for anyone looking to do some waveshaping.
    Rubicon Waveforms .audulus
    IMG_0048.PNG
    2732 x 2048 - 568K
  • Also, this isn't from Rubicon, here is an oscillator that reverses waveform direction when it receives a rising zero crossing. Kind of like a soft sync.
    IMG_0050.PNG
    2732 x 2048 - 388K
    wave reversing sync.audulus
  • @RobertSyrett - thank you so much! This rocks :)