Mac Pro Touch Bar + Audulus
  • The Mac Pro laptop (which I know own - traded up from my old Mac Mini) has a touch bar. Taylor and I are wondering what's the best way to integrate it into use with Audulus.

You can customize these touch bars by adding and removing elements. Check out this MIDI touch bar that I have installed and you'll see what I mean.

http://urbanlienert.com/miditouchbar/

Although the above is really useful (I'm using it in Ableton for transport buttons and volume fader for recording automation), I think we could do some cooler, more advanced stuff with Audulus.

Any of you out there have one? Any ideas for how to implement it?
  • I played around with my son's a few weeks ago. My MacBook Pro died last month and I've decided to consolidate. I'm not traveling as much and I figured one really nice iMac was better than a mediocre laptop and iMac. I'm currently getting by with my old iMac and saving for a new one. Still, I would expect that a lot of us will be using a MacBook going forward. Maybe buttons to switch between open patches, a mute button, volume controls, and some kind of buttons linked to triggers that could then be patch specific.
  • I mostly work with Audulus on my iPad, but when I do occasionally use my old MBP one of the things I find myself missing most is the little onscreen keyboard. Not so much for playing things – but very useful when one needs a pitch, to trigger something, or check a few notes. I'm not sure how that could be done in the limited space of the touchbar – but the Moog Model 15 app has the option of minimizing Animoog keyboard, and that works quite well in a restricted space.
  • +1 desktop midi keyboard interface. That would be the best use of that touch interface.
  • An Audulus ribbon controller could also be a possibility.
  • @Rudiger that's a no brainer that didn't even cross my mind! lol. Would be good to have so you could output gate + quantized pitch info with slide and whatnot.

@Robertsyrett - I agree - would love to have a quantized keyboard interface where you get to pick what each note is (maybe even the key from another menu?) so you can't play "wrong" notes on accident.