Need for better programmabily
  • I just got a refund on Adulus. The main issue was that it was really fiddly to programme sounds. I think the sound quality is great and it has amazing flexibility. But in order to find tune a patch you would really need to use something like Lemur. It would much easier if you could assign faders to controls and allow yourself to be able to build your own interface for your creations, instead of relying on another programme.
  • >It would much easier if you could assign faders to controls and allow yourself to be able to build your own interface for your creations

It is possible to do those things. Well I suppose there aren't any faders, but check back. You may find that Audulus has become the program you wanted from before.
  • @soupsounds - You can easily assign faders to controls - just tap/right click on a knob and press/click "Learn MIDI CC" then move the fader. @RobertSyrett is right that there is no fader node (yet) but there will be - and either way, you can pair a MIDI fader to a knob node at the moment.

If you do reconsider purchasing Audulus, and you find yourself wondering how to do something, or wishing that it did something that it doesn't, you can always write to me mark@audulus.com and see if it's possible before getting a refund :)
  • @soupsounds Being able to build one’s own interface is exactly what I find great about Audulus. Granted that there isn't any multitouch (but is apparently on its way) and since one has to zoom in to a certain degree to change the controls there are space limitations to consider, but the great thing about working with Audulus on an iPad (which is what I mostly do even though programming can be quicker on a laptop/desktop) is that it's so easy to move back and forth between the interface one is building and the sub patches behind it.

And on an iPad touch screen knobs essentially work the same way as faders and have the added advantage of not taking up so much space.
  • The only limit is your imagination
  • @TDWD - true that. When I first realized this about Audulus, I was in a daze for like a week, my mind just spinning with all the possibilities. I've yet to really run across anything that's not possible to do in Audulus other than things that require sampling, for the most part.
  • @biminiroad same here. I've made some crazy sounds in Audulus that would be really hard to do in any other place. And since people started to make an actual eurorack clones - for me, that alone would be a darn good reason to buy Audulus. It's just fantastic!