Please help with my basic questions.
  • Hello,

I am new to Audulus but it really looks interesting enough for further investigation. I need your help to help me decide if Audulus is for me.

For Windows 10, 64 bit with a 23" multi-touch monitor.
    1. Is Audulus stand alone? Is it a VST?
    2. Can it host VST fx and VST instruments?
    3. Is it multi-touch?
    4. Does it use audio samples?
    5. Strictly a Synth?
    6. Has a midi in and out?
    7. Has an audio in and out?
    8. I also an iPad Air but prefer using the Windows multitouch monitor.
  • For Windows 10, 64 bit with a 23" multi-touch monitor.

1. Is Audulus stand alone? Is it a VST?

Both!

2. Can it host VST fx and VST instruments?

No - coming in Audulus 4.

3. Is it multi-touch?

4. Does it use audio samples?

5. Strictly a Synth?

No - you can build sequencers, visualizers, even games like Pong into it.

6. Has a midi in and out?

MIDI in, but no MIDI out - coming in a few months to Audulus 3.

7. Has an audio in and out?

Yes, multichannel (up to 16 I/O right now, will be arbitrary I/O eventually).

8. I also an iPad Air but prefer using the Windows multitouch monitor.

It is not optimized for Windows touch.

Let me know if you have any more questions!
  • biminiroad,

Wow! Thanks for the prompt and a positive response.
    Can't wait for Version 4!!!
    When approximately might it be released?
  • @Vas - you're welcome! V4 is due out spring/summer of next year :) We're not going to rush it though, we want A4 to be the hugest release yet!
  • I will be looking forward to the Audulus V4 release.
    It seems to me that Audulus will be a virtual control surface with finger manipulations of notes, waveform, pitchbend and all types of modulation in a real-time performance. Might be nice to include some virtual keyboards such as:
    https://www.google.com/search?biw=1374&bih=1009&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=alternative+keyboard+midi+ipad+OR+controller+OR+app+OR+virtual&oq=alternative+keyboard+midi+ipad+OR+controller+OR+app+OR+virtual&gs_l=psy-ab.3...9540.14975.0.16539.13.12.1.0.0.0.142.1042.10j2.12.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0.E2bUWak7_dc
  • @Vas - I'm gunning for us being able to create our own custom keyboards with a skewable (drawable?) XY pad surface. So you could create a wild custom touch surface with lots of different pads/dots, or you could make your own keyboard-like thing that had as many keys/types as you want.
  • Time will pass very slowly till "spring/summer of next year"
  • @Vas Trust me, there is plenty that Audulus can still do before V4 comes out.
  • Audulus could be the breakthrough program that ignites the Windows multi-touch platform. Thereafter it will become fashionable to develop plugins that are multi-touch capable and multi-touch friendly for Windows. And the stampede will begin.

Question:
    Will there be any reason to use a Windows multi-touch screen along with the iPad. Will there be some kind of synergy to use Audulus together with the PC and iPad?

I have my PC and iPad connected with the iConnectmidi2+
    https://www.iconnectivity.com/products/midi/iconnectmidi2plus

Edit: I also have a 23" multi-touch monitor with Xotopad as the keyboard controller. There are several iPad midi controllers also available and very economical to purchase.
    XotoPad: http://feelyoursound.com/xotopad/
  • @Vas - what do you mean synergy? Like being able to send clocks to each other?
  • @biminiroad - What I am asking if when using both the PC and iPad, Audulus has any special features that make this combo work in a complimentary way. It seems that Audulus can run in both the PC and iPad simultaneously and was wondering is there will be some advantage to doing this. Since I have both my thinking is to make use of things that I have spent money on. Not an important issue for me so asking more out of curiosity.

in question 3 above
    Is it multi-touch?
    To make sure do you mean Windows multi-touch?

May I suggest that to save time you may ask the developers of music creation apps especially alternative midi keyboard and midi controller apps to port their apps to work in Windows.

Edit:

@biminiroad
    I will be looking forward to checking out your proposed
    "custom keyboards with a skewable (drawable?) XY pad surface. So you could create a wild custom touch surface with lots of different pads/dots, or you could make your own keyboard-like thing that had as many keys/types as you want."

I just hope that they are for Windows multi-touch. I also hope that the virtual midi keyboards have location velocity capability and or round robin or other humanizing capability.