Algo Block
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 8.40.38 PM.png
    1792 x 803 - 267K
    Algo Block V1.1.audulus
    Basic Waveforms.audulus
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 9.57.32 PM.png
    1264 x 395 - 146K
    Audulus Humana with uVerb.audulus
  • Cool! I think Dave will find this very helpful for understanding the operator synth in Ableton. Sorry to hear you’ve abandoned the larger version, I was planning to offer to do the SVGs for the algorithms
  • Awesome! I know this project is definitely the most comfortable I've ever been doing sound design with "FM."

I'll probably get back to the larger version, it just needs to wait for a properly caffeinated morning when there isn't some pressing matter. I would love a hand with the SVGs!
  • Have a look at the ones I used on the STS Sandcastle module for scale, color etc. When you’re ready send me a sketch of the layouts you need. I already have all the bits and pieces so it shouldn’t take too long
  • This sounds so lush @RobertSyrett - thanks for sharing! I like the pattern selector thing you have created there too, it's got me inspired to make another pattern sequencer module with that as the core.
  • @biminiroad Sweet! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)
  • So here is another Demo of the Algo Block. This time I am deconstructing a patch designed by Brian Eno for the DX-7. All the ratios and operators are from the original patch, but I have replaced the envelopes with pingable spline modules and added some delay to accentuate the etherial bell-like quality of the sound.
    Mikan Rift.audulus
    Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 3.05.40 PM.png
    1085 x 1044 - 267K
  • Wow! Great work!
  • @RobertSyrett Nice building block!
    The Vox Humana patch is beautiful.
    The Eno patch too. Reminds me of Björk.
  • @rudiger Thanks, I actually used both of these patches together in a song and I think it turned out really nicely. I will post that soon.
  • Carrying on from the patch I made with @stschoen's DXoperator I adapted it to the algo block and swapped out stock adsr nodes and ditched keyboard scaling. The result is a sound that is very similar but 25% the CPU. Which gives me a little more room to patch some interesting generative melody.
    og strings demo.audulus
    1M
    Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 3.47.13 AM.png
    1482 x 1025 - 386K
  • Added an internal expression to make the ratio default to 1 and labeled inputs more clearly.
    Algo Block V1.2.audulus
    Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 2.22.06 PM.png
    394 x 374 - 61K
  • Image attachments are still broken?