Can Audulus run as an IAA effect in Cubasis 2?
  • Just wondering if Audulus can be loaded as an effect in a DAW?
  • You will need to install the plug-in. Audulus has an AU for macOS and a Windows VST. An AU V3 which will also support iOS is in development. You can download the plug-in from the Audulus website or use the main menu on the mac
  • What I mean is, is there a way to route audio into Audulus 3 for iOS, so that I can process audio through it by treating it as an inter-app audio effect within a DAW like Cubasis 2 (iPad). No Mac.
  • @futureaztec - I don't have Cubasis but I know you can use Audulus as IAA in AUM - not sure why you couldn't in Cubasis, unless they're AUv3 only? To route audio into Audulus you just need to use the ADC or Mic node.
  • I don’t have Cubasis, but I’ve used Audulus as an effect with both Audiobus and IAA. I tested it this morning using AUM just to make sure the current version is working and I had no problem. For IAA Audulus will show up as both an instrument and effect
  • I use Cubasis and Audulus works beautifully with it as an IAA. I have also setup MIDI trigger gates in Cubasis before to send to Audulus to work as the clock for Audulus when trying to sync up a good recording of a patch into Cubasis. I don't remember who originally gave me the idea to do the clock sync with the DAW, but it was definitely from a post in this forum.
  • @RileyGuy Have you tried Auria? I sometimes wonder if cubasis is better (I fondly recall cubase back in the day) but I can't quite justify a $50 app because I'm curious.
  • You can now use MIDI AU apps in Cubasis on iOS to control MIDI Audulus receives to.
  • I have abandoned Cubasis for the time being and I am exploring BM3. I was trying to be disciplined and not just buy another DAW but I started feeling terrible. So I jumped into BM3 and coming from Ableton Live I am enjoying the experience. With regard to using AU apps to control MIDI, to my taste, I am not that into generative sequencing algorithms. For the time being at least. I have a BopPad and a homemade mini guitar and fretless bass, so I am more drawn to playing sound. The BopPad sends a number of MIDI messages, so I wanted to use some of those messages like the mod wheel info to adjust parameters like decay and wet/dry knobs, etc. It has worked great on my MacBook using Reaktor ensembles I made so I was looking into building some cool drum patches, etc in Audulus...I am sure I just need to figure the best way to collect and distribute the MIDI info in Audulus to the various modules.
  • I haven't tried Auria @RobertSyrett. I'll have to check it out!
  • @RileyGuy The main thing I like about Auria is the time stretch, which is just so satisfying to do with your fingers. It's like you are literally sculpting the sound.
  • @RobertSyrett Very interesting. I've never looked into Auria before and it appears to be a very powerful DAW. The live time-stretching functions in particular seem very useful. If I had the extra money right now I would purchase it probably just for some of those features (can't have too many audio production tools, right?!).