Curvature Semi-Modular Synthesizer Presets & Feature Requests

Knobs: 125
    Patch Points: 133
    Buttons: 6

This thread will collect the growing and evolving Curvature Semi-Modular Synthesizer patch library.

The other thread was more to follow the build progress of it - I'll keep that one open, but I wanted a fresh start.

Feel free to post your presets, performances, and tutorials for the synth here.

You can also request feature additions/alterations. Keep in mind that the synth is trying to strike a balance between functionality and performance, so adding a whole lot more won't necessarily be a good thing. That said, if people are finding that it desperately needs this or that small addition, let me know.

People have asked for the sections to be blocked so that you can tell them apart - can someone help me with this? I have illustrator, but not sure how I scale it correctly. I assume I take a screencap of the synth, import it into Illustrator, but then how does it scale correctly? Any help here would be appreciated.

I did want to wait a little to put too much work into making graphics just so that the functionality settles and I don't have to rearrange anything.

v2.0 will come when I have the whole insides all neatly laid out and tutorial'd up, and CPU-efficientized. So consider v1 as a kind of "beta" of sorts.

I will post a quick rundown of the controls soon as well. For now, just open it up and explore it! :)

Curvature Presets 8-13-17.zip
    3M
    Screen Shot 2017-08-13 at 10.09.41 PM.png
    457 x 324 - 60K
    Curvature.png
    661 x 509 - 486K
  • I'm using Affinity Designer instead of Illustrator but it should pretty much be the same. I have the document set for 72dpi and the grid set at 10 by 10 pixels. The small icons are 20x20 pixels, a trigger button is 30x30 a knob circle is 40x40 etc. The document resolution is important since it sets the scale in Audulus. I usually guess at the size, create the element, import it and repeat. Not the most efficient, but I never stopped top figure out scaling a screen-shot. The spline window is 320x130 pixels, you could scale the screen shot using that. @RobertSyrett uses Illustrator so he could help on the SVG export settings. I think they were in a post early in one of the SVG threads.
  • Now that it is "finished", it just occurred to me that it would be super cool if you could run the patch stand-alone. That is, be able to send it to someone who doesn't have Audulus and they would be able to connect the patch points, turn the knobs, press the buttons, etc, but unable to make any structural changes. This would evolve Audulus into a synth-building platform and creation of runtime / redistributable products. Implement preset state-saving, and think of the possibilities! Perhaps something to add to the Feature Requests thread for Audulus 5.0.....
  • @bryan58 we're exploring the idea of a developer's license that would allow you to create synths & reskin them. It won't happen unless there's a large demand for it so I'd suggest starting a thread and trying to get a lot of people into it, and have them write us at support@audulus.com saying they want it. It would be cool to have an app that can build other iOS apps though...
  • At least for iOS you could have a version that had the lock permanently on and create new patch disabled. That way you could play existing patches but not create new ones. Unlock could be an in-app purchase. Kind of a "try before you buy"
  • @stschoen - that's a "patch player" version of Audulus that Taylor has toyed with creating...but he also doesn't want more versioning headaches. He definitely doesn't want to deal with an in-app store again, I know that haha! It would have to be a separate free app.
  • Added a how-to chorus effect and quad envelope example
    Curvature Presets 8-14-17.zip
    3M
    Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 10.44.41 AM.png
    464 x 377 - 69K
  • Added some vibrato patches
    Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 4.34.46 PM.png
    444 x 574 - 112K
    Curvature Presets 8-14-17b.zip
    5M