Drip SFX
  • Anyone got any good drip patches?
    Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 11.46.52 PM.png
    963 x 675 - 132K
  • Hows this?
    water drop.audulus
  • Excellent. I added some pitch modulation, randomized timing, and reverb with a randomized acoustic effect.
    Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 3.27.03 PM.png
    1920 x 1080 - 222K
    water drop in cavern.audulus
  • Very drippy! BTW I'm working on a revised uVerb. The echo "cloud" is pretty good but the controls leave a lot to be desired. The all-pass configuration may remove the frequency notches but the decay and wet/dry knobs are not very effective at the moment. Haven't quite figured out the best approach.
  • Personally I find the uVerb very usable and has a distinctive character, part of which is the weird interactions of the decay and mix knobs, that I don't find elsewhere. I do tend to patch with a separate mix, but that's true of a lot of my favorite effects. I look forward to seeing whatever you come up with. :)
  • I think it’s the result of my somewhat imperfect understanding of the circuit. I’ve double checked and it’s wired per Schroeder’s paper but in the original the circuit loop gain is fixed at 0.7. I made it variable, expecting it to control the decay, but because of the way the feedback and direct signal gains are controlled, it doesn’t seem to work that way. Like you, I’ve resorted to using it as a side chain but I’m hoping for something better.