iOS 9 Missing Toolbar Fixed!
  • Just got a notification from Taylor that the missing toolbar people are experiencing in iOS 9 has been fixed. The new version that features this fix hasn't been posted yet, but it will be soon.

That said, here's a caveat: I'm not sure how much longer we'll be able to support iOS 9, especially when iOS 11 has been released. So once you download the fix for iOS 9, *do not update Audulus again,* that is, until some generous soul with iOS 9 does an experiment and makes sure that newer versions of Audulus continue to work with iOS 9.

We can't support old iOSes forever, but we're certainly not abandoning iOS 9 immediately after this release. It's just that this missing toolbar fix took a really, really long time to figure out and it was holding back Taylor from working on new features for people who can and do upgrade their iOS versions. So that being said, fixes for iOS 9 will become less and less of a priority over time (by necessity).

Hopefully people understand how hard Apple makes it to keep apps running on old OSes, especially large and complex ones like Audulus. It's of course a part of their business model to make old OSes slow down and break features (they were even sued for this recently), so just don't blame Taylor is all.

We understand that some older devices are locked into iOS 9, or that people often hesitate to upgrade to the latest OS to make sure their apps are working. Just be assured that Audulus will always work with the latest, current iOS release - not necessarily outdated OSes or betas.

If you have any questions about this, let me know below or at mark@audulus.com - otherwise, stay tuned for a follow up post here by me when the update goes live and you can download it and fix your toolbars!
  • FWIW, I've gotten into the habit of going into my recycle bin immediately after doing an iTunes "Update Apps" and restoring (then backing up) the .IPA files for my most important apps (such as ones I've paid for!). This is self-insurance in case I need to re-load an older version if necessary and it isn't available otherwise. Just a suggestion.