Midi CC per channel
  • Is there a way to differentiate midi cc coming from a sequencer as originating from different channels?
  • Are you talking about the CCs you can assign to knobs? Cause of course there's the keyboard node that has a channel selector, but if you're talking about mapping the knobs directly, I'd have to ask Taylor about that.
  • Yeah, the digitakt has 8 midi cc per a channel that you can sequence, so theoretically you could sequence 64 parameters over 64 steps. Seems like cc per channel would be a good thing to expand in the midi update.
  • Ok cool, will add this to the feature requests - but first, can you think of what the UI would be for it? Currently you just tap and twist, but it seems like you'd need a separate submenu.
  • I guess it would be a midi cc node with channel and midi cc# being the two inputs.
  • Oh a whole separate node? What about knobs though where you can directly assign a CC? It would be klunky to have to have a new node for each knob just so you could assign the CC to another channel
  • Just for grins I decided to test it to be sure. Audulus must be set for all channels for CC messages. I programmed two switches on my pedal, one for channel 1 CC1 and one for channel 2 CC1. I set up two knobs and assigned them to the first and second switches. They both responded to CC1 regardless of channel. I wouldn't change the interface. If it's possible I think the knob should save the channel as well as the CC message when it's in learn mode. Of course if you had a general purpose midi-in node that had a channel number similar to the keyboard node, that would also work. I would love to see CC messages assignable to knobs and triggers, and PC messages bound to some type of preset system. If you could save a patch's knobs and trigger settings and bind them to a PC, you would be able to change presets very quickly.
  • @stschoen, yeah I figured out pretty quickly you had to be in midi all mode for the midi cc mapping to work.

@biminiroad I think there is room for both midi learn and a midi cc node, just like there is mic and speaker nodes while there is also adc and dac nodes. Making a node where the channel and cc info are inputs allows for modulation of the inputs, which is where Audulus could bring something to the table.
  • Ah I see what you mean! I'll add this as a feature request :)
  • Looking forward to see Mac AU midi cc mapping soon!