SVF based phaser and all-pass filter
  • Here is a uMod Phaser constructed from 4 series 2 pole all-pass filters derived from the uSVF filter I posted earlier as well as the all-pass filter itself.
    uPhaser V1.1 demo.audulus
    uAPF V1.1.audulus
  • Spooky phaser sounds
    Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 4.59.41 PM.png
    2062 x 1230 - 377K
    uPhaser V1.1 demo 2.audulus
  • Well it doesn't get better than that! Who needs NI plugins?
  • Here's version two of the phaser. Eight stages instead of four and an adjustable feedback loop. I also modified the mix function. Previously you got the most phaser sound at 50% and at fully wet you had just the all pass filter chain. It still gave a noticeable "wow" at fully wet which probably means there are some imperfections in the all pass filter design. This version mixes the all-pass chain and audio at 50% first before the wet/dry mix control.
    uPhaser V2 demo.audulus
    Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 11.22.40 AM.png
    3360 x 2232 - 722K
  • I am curious if you watched this video. It seems inevitable that we will soon have a STS Mega 12-Stage :-)
  • Hadn't seen this one. Very interesting! It would be a big patch but certainly seems possible.

• Here is the full demo.

To be honest though, your phaser is sounding as awesome as the phasor in the video already. I had it running through your JFET emulator and it sounds wonderful and growling.
  • Just for grins, I decided to build some similar units using 1st order all pass filters rather than the 2nd order SVF all pass units. I think the broader notches actually might sound a bit better.
    Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 6.28.43 PM.png
    3556 x 2242 - 680K
    one pole uPhasers V1.audulus
  • Also made a slight wiring change on the SVF based unit
    uPhaser V2.1 demo.audulus
  • The one pole uPhasers are great especially when cascading into each other.