Master SVG Icon Collection
  • This is a collection of all the Audulus SVG Icons I can find. If there are more, please add them to this patch and re-upload the patch with a new version number so v1->v2->v3, etc.

These can really take your patch to a new level visually! Thanks to everyone who create(s)(d) them!

Master SVG Collection v1.audulus
    Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 2.03.50 PM.png
    804 x 685 - 57K
  • Just getting started using these SVG icons and have two fundamental questions. (1) After I paste one into my patch, there is a "Load SVG" choice in the pop-up when I tap on it (iOS version). It isn't obvious what this does (if anything). (2) Are SVGs supported in the latest Windows version? Thanks!
  • @Bryan58 - AFAIK you can't load the SVG directly into the iPad version - hence the need for this patch, where you can just copy/cut/paste into your design. As long as the SVG icon is copy/pasting correctly, then that's working as it should. And yes, Windows version does support SVG :)
  • @biminiroad - thanks for the quick response. Copy/Paste works fine for me in iOS (I'll ignore the "Load SVG" option). When I open the collection in Windows, it seems to be just an "empty patch" box. Perhaps I'm not opening it correctly?
  • @biminiroad - how can svg be supported in windows if we still didnt get an update? btw open a patch including svg´s it just doesnt show them like @Bryan58 wrote.. its really time to get this update :(
  • @Bryan58 @Phal_anx - sorry, I figured it was out for Windows cause the SVG thing has actually been in the Mac version for quite a while. Suppose Taylor's still working on it!
  • Icon Bounty:

Picture symbols (not letters) for:

Cutoff
    Detune
    Q/Resonance
    ADSR periods (DAHDSR* if you wanna go nuts...)
    Drive
    Mix
    Feedback

*delay, attack, hold, decay, sustain, release
  • @biminiroad - you dont need to say sorry for this mistake, cause you are a ios/mac user which we know are sadly still different ;) while i do totally understand why and having big respect for taylor.. i still would love to have an update... its a waiting game.. checking regulary if an update is out :D
    btw now i know how to implement my own patches via the right click menu :) this was the biggest problem i had so far... its big step for me.. cause now i m using audulus more in my tracks :D
  • Updated to v2. Icons for scale and offset, modulation in and out, octave out, mix, length, noise, binary 1 to 8 and 2 digit box, etc. Mostly from my version of the Turing Machine. The mix icon is a bit weak (whisk).
    Master SVG Collection v2.audulus
    Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 10.18.06 PM.png
    918 x 751 - 85K
  • Her's a possible Q symbol. I sized and colored it to fit in a knob. I've been using green for knob icons. I could do some green copies of the ones you used in the curvature synth if you agree.
    Q.audulus
    Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 10.51.43 PM.png
    317 x 380 - 20K
  • Here's cutoff, detune, a redone Q (centered the arrow), drive, mix and feedback as well as some green versions of existing icons. Also updated the master. I'm working on ADSR. (it may be tough in vertical layout). Feedback on the icons is welcome.
    new green icons.audulus
    Master SVG Collection v3.audulus
    Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 4.02.42 PM.png
    963 x 493 - 58K
  • Looks great! Just curious, is that a whisk on the bottom next to the feedback symbol?
  • Yes, it's kinda lame, but it is a mixer of sorts. Suggestions are welcome.
  • http://www.freepik.com/free-icon/audio-mixer-controls_709267.htm#term=audio mixer&page=1&position=35

something like this could be a mixer symbol..
  • Mixer! Lol! It could also stand for beats. I was thinking a little mic icon could be good as well for inputs that want a voice or or other audio, It could even be a port of the existing mic icon in audulus.
  • @Phal_anx, I like the icon you posted. Here's one in green and a mic for Robert.
    Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 6.22.45 PM.png
    1377 x 840 - 47K
    mixer 2 and mic.audulus
  • wow!! really great icons.. ;) cant wait to finally be able to use them :D
  • Love these new ones! A speaker node for output would be cool too?
  • 'nuff said.
    mixer mic speaker.audulus
    Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 10.15.23 AM.png
    786 x 654 - 41K
  • New collection v4
    Master SVG Collection v4.audulus
  • It occurred to me this morning. If the Windows version doesn't have the SVG library, what does a Windows user see? If none of the icons are visible, the icon-only modules would be a bit of a mystery.
  • @Phal_anx was saying they are just absent, like when you import an svg without all the specific formatting. @Taylor will surely update the Windows version soon. Not to do so would be cruel. Basically from here on out I will have SVG to some degree in any finished module I want to share here.
  • @stschoen - i got a windows version and right now with v3.3 there is not svg node or similar and of course therefor no svg´s shown when opened in a windows version.

@RobertSyrett - I totally agree with you. it would be cruel not to bring out the update soon. especially because v4 will come out in the first half of 2018 as far as i know.. which means all ios/mac users had some functions windows users didnt have and then you need to buy a new version .... I m happy i dont need to buy the next version cause i mad a deal with Mark when he gave away free copies of v3 :D
  • I was thinking that the "icon-only" modules would be pretty confusing without the graphics. I posted a conventionally labeled version of my Turing Machine copy before I did the graphics but not because of Windows. It would probably be a good idea to keep our poor Windows brethren in mind by providing an alternative interface, at least until Taylor has a chance to incorporate the SVG node into the Windows version.
  • Wow, these are REALLY well done!
  • I like the V4 layout. I noticed that there are several icons only loaded in one or two colors. I think that this makes sense for the most part, but it's not much trouble to change colors. Let me know if there's anything else you need.
  • @stschoen - I'm trying to use the template you posted, but I can't seem to get the knob to line up when it gets imported into Audulus. Everything's the right size, but it is just "off" the grid of Audulus. Any ideas? I downloaded the Affinity trial BTW.
  • @stschoen - also any idea how to get rid of the letter fill here?

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 12.01.55 AM.png
    398 x 431 - 25K
  • @biminiroad do you have illustrator? The way to do that with illustrator is to

1. Convert the text to vectors by going to the TYPE menu and selecting Create Outline.

2. Draw a line bisecting any area that will fill in with a line. Then go to the pathfinder tool in the WINDOW menu. Select the line and the text and then press the divide icon in the lower left of the pathfinder window and export like usual.

Here is a video outlining step 2.

This process basically removes the odd-even fill algorithm and makes the text one continuous shape without holes, although obviously it looks the same to us.
    saw.audulus
    Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 2.00.22 AM.png
    1105 x 624 - 128K
    Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 2.07.43 AM.png
    1280 x 734 - 96K
  • @RobertSyrett, that's a neat trick. I've been manually filling in the "holes" by overlaying the letter with a black shape. This sounds easier, although I'm not sure if Affinity Designer has the divide option. @biminiroad, which icon are you referring to? If you're exporting from Affinity, make sure that "export selection without background" is chosen. If you accidentally export the background, the positioning will be off and the invisible background may cover other items and make them unselectable.
  • Bah I think I need a step-by-step for dummies.

I have Illustrator. @RobertSyrett - all I want to do right now is to load the knob template so I can put text inside the knobs and have it be the right size and have the text/icons I make center in the knob in the same way as they do in Illustrator as they will in Audulus.

What do I do from opening Illustrator and the "Elements Template" to exporting (and what exporting settings should I use).

Affinity was working at least, but nothing I export in Illustrator is showing up (just becomes blank).
  • The problem is because the knob circle has the bottom cut off and so the bounding box doesn't center on the center of the knob. I put a full circle in this one so it would center properly. Make sure the circle is centered on the grid and you should be OK. I'm still working on an ADSR icon. I haven't come with anything I'm happy with yet. I tried playing around with Robert's suggestion about dividing the curve created by converting text to curves, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do it in Affinity. I was blowing up the letters and putting a black shape over the "hole" in the letters by creating another curve on top filled with black.
    Knob template.afdesign.zip
  • @biminiroad If you want to export something so that it can be opened in Audulus do as follows: Select the assets you want to use in Audulus while they are on the same layer in Illustrator. Right click or option click and select "export selection." Click the settings icon for svg and set according to @stschoen's recommendation: Styling - Presentation Attributes, Font - Convert To Outlines. Images - Embed, Object ID's - Minimal, Decimal - 2, Minify - On, Responsive - off

Regarding alignment, I have found it useful to sometimes include a dot off to the side of an element that will be audulus anchor and allow for proper alignment with other elements, but I have to experiment and iterate the process until I am happy.

That red line that is going into the blue outlet below was not lining up for me

So I put a little dot off to the side, here's what it looks like inside the patch

The LED hides the dot when it is exposed. I suppose I could have just made the dot black also.
    Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 10.08.23 AM.png
    659 x 372 - 39K
    Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 10.14.53 AM.png
    344 x 370 - 18K
    Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 10.15.04 AM.png
    259 x 247 - 5K
  • Thanks so much guys!

I found some good fonts that are ready out of the box:

http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=302&fpp=100&text=AODQ++1-7++FONT+font+*&

Bunch of other ones on there too - techno is a good one.

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 2.59.01 PM.png
    292 x 256 - 16K
    Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 3.51.25 PM.png
    499 x 634 - 66K
  • Love the font! Here are some ideas for ADSR icons.
    ADSR Icons.audulus
    Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 4.42.43 PM.png
    808 x 731 - 81K
  • LOVE the ADSR Icons they're perfect!!!

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 4.44.35 PM.png
    706 x 466 - 101K
  • Thanks. DAHDSR might be a bit too confusing (unless we can get a really big knob). Thanks for the link to the fonts. They'll definitely come in handy. It's nice to be able to dress up the appearance of the modules and labeling inside the knobs really saves some space on the UI.
  • Bah unfortunately, probably a side effect of the way Audulus renders everything in real time, things with a lot of edges (like these fonts) slow graphic rendering waaaaay down. Ones that have fewer edges might not tax it as much though...
  • Maybe if Taylor looks at the UI refresh rate in general (lights meters etc.), he might be able to drop the refresh frequency on the SVG graphics. Unfortunately since you can change the size of the elements at any time, it probably wouldn't be practical to pre-render the graphics. Maybe you could pre-render when the patch is locked, but all things considered I think I would rather see him focus on functionality. Sure looks good though!
  • @biminiroad, since you're trying out Affinity, I thought I would post a copy of the Affinity document I'm using. I created an export preset for Audulus as follows:
    FIle Format: SVG
    Rasterize: Nothing
    Downsample Images Above 108 DPI
    Resampler: Bilinear
    Use DPI: 72
    Allow JPEG compression Quality 85
    Use Hex Colors
    Flatten Transforms

everything else is de-selected.

The document resolution is 72 DPI and the grid is 10 pixels.
    Audulus SVG Graphics.afdesign.zip
  • @stschoen - thanks! I think I'm going to take the plunge, I like this a lot more than Illustrator. I hear Illustrator might have more features, but that doesn't really matter to me since this is just easier on the eyes in general. Gonna buy it at the beginning of next month so I'll get back to this then :)