Triggers and Sync From DAW to Standalone Audulus and other issues
  • Hoping to get some help on a few things;

1. How do I trigger a note/gate from Logic Pro to a standalone Audulus (Non Audio Unit)?
    2. How do I sync Logic Pro's time with standalone Audulus (Non Audio Unit)?
    3. Audulus crashes Logic Pro if more than 2 AU instances are laoded. Is this a bug?
    4. While running Audulus AU within Logic Pro my computer becomes unresponsive after trying to resize the AU window size.
    5. Input level from Eurorack modules via DC Coupled audio interface (MOTU 24I/O and 2x 2408mk3) is very low via the ADC module. I've managed to increase it within Audulus using two level feeding into a mixer to boost the signal level but wondering if this is normal?

I've just purchased Audulus and think it's an amazing product and a definite game changer and I only hope I can get past some of these initial challenges and would appreciate any help!

Thank you.

Mac Pro | OSX El Capitan | Logic Pro X 10.3.1 |Audulus 3.3 | MOTU 24I/O and 2x 2408mk3
  • UPDATE:

1. I figured out that I needed to setup an IAC driver to send data from Logic to Audulus. In Audulus, I just used the Midi In module and notes were sent from Logic to Audulus. I can then set the midi channel within the Midi In module but how can I choose another IAC driver once I use all 16 channels on IAC buss 1?
    2. I figured out that by using midi notes on 16th notes I can use this as a clock.

I'm still having issues with items 3,4 and 5 from my original post.
  • 3. Audulus crashes Logic Pro if more than 2 AU instances are laoded. Is this a bug?

I do not have Logic Pro, but can someone else out there who does confirm this? I think Taylor might, will see when he wakes up.

4. While running Audulus AU within Logic Pro my computer becomes unresponsive after trying to resize the AU window size.

This is a known bug - you just have to resize it slowly for now, that should work!

5. Input level from Eurorack modules via DC Coupled audio interface (MOTU 24I/O and 2x 2408mk3) is very low via the ADC module. I've managed to increase it within Audulus using two level feeding into a mixer to boost the signal level but wondering if this is normal?

This is hard to tell - what are you feeding in? If you feed from AudulusPlugin(ADC->DAC)Logic(->Track) is it the same level as without the plugin? If you need to add gain, you can just use a multiply expression like this:

Knob*GainFactor*Input

Where Knob=default 0-1 range knob
    GainFactor of 1 is unity gain, so you need probably 10 or 100 to be useful
    Input = the audio you want to amplify