Audulus Tutorial Livestream July 8th 2017 - Standardized Signals

• I *totally* blanked on discussing how to translate these standard signals to your Expert Sleepers ES-8. I'll follow up with that next time. Sorry about that!
    Audulus Livestream Tutorial - Standardized Signals in Audulus with Expert Sleepers ES-8.audulus
  • >I *totally* blanked on discussing how to translate these standard signals to your Expert Sleepers ES-8. I'll follow up with that next time. Sorry about that!

Yeaaaah, did you have a hardware cv keyboard for when you do that? If you do, just remember you might need to scale the incoming cv by ~1.05 to preserve the octave scaling.
  • Thanks, Mark! Will you upload the patch?
  • Enjoyed the livestream today. Definitely a useful topic. Audulus is so flexible that without some kind of standardization, you would need to dissect every module to understand the I/O before you could use it. I'm surprised the clamp function is processor intensive, like Robert I was tempted to clamp my inputs just to prevent them going out of range. Guess I'll re-think that. It might be nice to talk about what is and isn't CPU intensive and strategies to minimize the CPU load. The new unit delay has made that particular issue much less significant, but the bigger patches can still be quite a drain.
  • @Bryan58 - uploaded the patch.

@RobertSyrett - will do!

@Stschoen - thanks! And I mean one clamp doesn't use a lot, but if you have them on every single input for every single module, it will add up to a bunch of wasted CPU that could be used in other stuff.
  • As an old programmer, I understand the conflict between defensive programming and performance. In this case, I think performance wins out.
  • Thanks, this was very useful!
  • Nice - this vid answered a lot of questions
  • @fedor @scootervagabond you're welcome! Doing a new one tomorrow at 6pm EST.