Clockable Tuned Delay Line
  • clockable.png
    513 x 413 - 141K
    Clockable Delay Line.audulus
  • GREAT! This is so close to the chronoblob. The only thing this doesn't have is crossfaded delays so you don't hear the pitch change with the delay time. But wow, this is going to see some use.
  • Suddenly I can't help but think that The Chrono-Bob would be a great name for something :) I guess it's right up there with the Chron-O-John from Day of the Tentacle.

"The pods came complete with a highly sophisticated Time-Flux Hydraulic Vortex Chamber." You know, I think there might be a solidly musical idea in there somewhere.
  • lol nice! I didn't know this was like the Chronoblob, I just keep realizing I could add features to it - was just going to be a normal syncable delay with tap tempo subdivisions. That sample above has gotta be the funkiest thing I've ever done, and it just happened by randomly twiddling a few knobs (seriously!). This thing is really fun, makes me want to do a whole series of them as an oscillator or some kind.

@RobertSyrett - "The only thing this doesn't have is crossfaded delays so you don't hear the pitch change with the delay time." Can you explain this a little or point me to some reading on it? Isn't part of the fun that you hear the pitch change?
  • From the website "Chronoblob's mode switch selects its response to delay time changes. Throw the switch up to select resampling mode and get sweeping pitch effects reminiscent of a tape loop or BBD. With the switch down, Chronoblob smoothly crossfades between delay taps for quicker, more subtle changes."

It sounds like there is a little crossfade in the buffer rather than sweep in pitch, which is nice for percussion. I think the 4ms DLD also uses this, and in fact the best example i could find of the sound is from divkid's DLD video at around 6:45 where he is changing the delay time without repitching.

https://youtu.be/pf8FjudUIAo?t=6m45s
  • @RobertSyrett - I see what you mean! I'll try to implement that in a future version :)