Is Audulus Linux version stand alone only?
  • I can only get Audulus to work in my Ubuntu Studio 17.04 Linux OS to work as stand alone application. Is it a stand alone application for Linux version? I'm using Tracktion DAW and I scanned for new VST but it cannot recognize Audulus as a VST plugin. I have all my VSTs in a VST folder in my documents folder as my file directory and I have saved that file directory in my Tracktion DAW's VST file directory to scan VSTs every time I boot Tracktion. I have 3 sound drivers in my OS Pulse Audio,Alsa,and Jack Audion Connection. When I open Audulus as stand alone application I can only sellect Pulse Audion sound driver,and it can only see that driver. It would be nice if audulus could see my Jack Audio Connection sound driver,this way I can send audio and midi over to my Tracktion DAW while using Audulus as a external and stand alone musical instrument. Maybe the only way to record audio into my DAW is to place my microphone in front of my studio monitor speakers and record and audio stem that way.
  • did you ever solve this issue? i am having the same issue right now with Jack going unrecognized which kind of just kills any worthwhile functionality for me
  • Audulus only works as stand alone application Ubuntu OS. I tried it with Renoise DAW but not a compatible plugin. I think Audulus code application needs to be rewritten for Linux.
  • Does soundflower work for you? Linux is a tough one since, AFAIK, Taylor builds the Windows version with something that automatically generates the Linux version, so not every distro is supported.

Once Taylor's done with his new app, he's going to come back around to revamp the AU and VST for Audulus.
  • so then it's basically useless to anyone that uses a daw in linux? man that sucks. what a waste of money. honestly this shouldn't even be sold in it's current state as a product for linux users. i only bought it because i read it was jack supported. i am running on ubuntu studio, the exact distro a linux user that works with audio/music production would be using. i even sent an email out to support and haven't gotten a ping back in a week. and you just asked me if a mac app works for me when i am clearly a linux user, which kind of blows my mind.
  • @vmgas - We do and always have offered fast and easy refunds on Linux and Windows versions for people who aren't satisfied with how it works on their machines. Especially on Linux as we can't make sure it works on every distro.

I don't know anything about Linux to be honest. I don't have a Linux machine. Neither does Taylor. Whatever Taylor uses to create the Linux version does so automatically based on the Windows version. I am the person you wrote to on email, and I'm getting back to you here. I didn't know that soundflower is Mac only. I'm sorry, I figured it was universal.

I recently broke my finger which has seriously limited my typing abilities, and it only just started to feel good enough to catch up on stuff. I also just got engaged and have been wrapped up in making plans for a wedding in January.

We have *always* given refunds to anyone who wants them. We would love to give refunds to people on Mac and iOS as well, but that's out of our hands since Apple deals with that, but when people do want them, we vouch for the refund on their behalf.

I'm terribly sorry you've had a bad experience, and I can only say that in your specific case, life has gotten in the way of getting back to you in a more timely manner. That's not a great excuse, and it's on me, and I'm sorry.

Just email me back and let me know what email you use to buy Audulus and I can use that to look up your order and refund you :)
  • I'm back on Mac OS. If you are a advance expert Audulus user, you can build your own DAW in Audulus,and use the stand alone version only,and that way will work in Linux.
  • @biminiroad
    sent an email for refund but a week and a half ago back but i have heard nothing. sent to the email in your profile, thanks