ADC-DAC nodes for connecting to Modular Synths (in Beta)
  • It seems like the ADC-DAC nodes are inside at least the desktop versions of Audulus, but just hidden. You might be able to use this patch attached below.

The way the ADC-DAC nodes work right now is not ideal and will be revised.

Currently, you can only access audio in/outs 1-16. If you're using an ES-8, that shows up as 16 outs because you can add an 8 output expander for gates over lightpipe. This sucks up all the 16 outputs of Audulus, and unless you can send your audio out of 1 (mono) or 2 (stereo) ES-8 outputs into another audio interface (I use a UAD Apollo), this will not be useful to you.

So bascially you need two interfaces: 1 for Audulus Standalone app and 1 for recording into a DAW. The system audio must be set to the Audulus interface, while you'll have to change the I/O inside your DAW to the other interface.

If this is confusing, just ask questions below. This is *not* what the final form of this ADC-DAC node pair will take, but for those who have modulars and can't wait to dive into using Audulus with them, this may hold you over for the time being.

@demcanulty - this answers some of the questions you had from an email
    ADC-DAC.audulus
  • Awesome, thanks Mark! I am successfully using this with my MOTU Ultralite, and happy to help to the extent that I can if anybody else has any issues.

I had to remember to change both my input and output audio settings. I haven't succeeded yet using an aggregate audio device in macOS, but that's been no problem so far.
  • @demcanulty - good to hear! :) I'll let you know more about the update when it's available :)
  • Sadly it does not seem to work on the iPad with the ES-8 :(
  • @RobertSyrett - yeah I bet Taylor just hasn't put that code into the iOS version yet

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!