Eurorack Patch Presets with Audulus and the Expert Sleepers ES-8
  • I love my modular synth. What I don't love is writing music with it. It's difficult to quickly bounce between two settings, or repatch and sustain a creative flow.

I realized that I could use Audulus and the Expert Sleepers ES-8 together to store virtual presets for my Eurorack synth. This way, when recording, I can save a sound I like and come back to it quick while changing a minimum of settings on my synth. It also means if I ever play out, I can just quickly pull up an Audulus file instead of worrying about the patch being disturbed on the way over and losing its magic.

The setup I have is below. There are two LPF's (Mankato and Sea Devils) for the main subtractive voice. I have the Tube VCA that can act as a distortion, VCA, or tremolo. There's also a delay that uses the 2hp Filt for a HP and the SEM for a variable LP/HP inside the delay loop.

What this is in essence doing is turning my analog gear into nodes inside Audulus that I can tweak, play, save, and reload.

Here's an example below of something I'm working on...

• Video! Video! Video!
  • Latest incarnation...

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 1.30.01 AM.png
    1920 x 1080 - 283K
  • It's been a couple months since there was a proper video :)
  • Man, I can't wait to be able to use an audio device like that! Any updates on beta testing or release schedule for the version with more than two channels out? Still on hold for file system updates?
  • I'm kind of twiddling my thumbs also. It sure will be fun when the time comes.
  • Well, at least, hooray for thumbs! A genuinely under appreciated but valuable part of my life, thanks Robert :) Also, thanks, remembering I'm not the only one excited and waiting reminds me I just gotta make do with what I have right now :)

Also I picked up one of those Doepfer PLL modules tonight, this thing is a blast. I didn't even know they existed before your pll thread :) They really brought out a lot of interesting controls. I couldn't find a schematic anywhere, so I'm looking forward to figuring out their circuit one of these days.
  • @demcanulty Feel free to post any PLL sonic experiments on sound cloud to further the cause of science ;^)
  • Here's a sound sample!

Drums are sampled.

3 separate synths - 2 at first, then a lead comes in later.

https://soundcloud.com/biminiroadmusic/sir-dancealot

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!