Free Audulus Codes for Frequent Forum Users
  • To reward you for checking back in on the forum regularly, I'll post free Audulus codes here from time to time for Mac and iOS.

Protip: To increase your chances of getting a code, make sure you have forum email notifications turned on!

Here's the first one - please comment when you've claimed it! Also please comment if it's claimed by someone else and they forgot to comment.

Mac: --REDEEMED--
  • interesting strategy...
  • it says the code has already been redeemed (not by me)
  • i think its a nice idea but you should consider to send this in a private msg instead of posting it here.. pick random someone who is active in the forum and send him/her in private... if he/she dont want the code you can pass it to the next one ;)
    this way everyone has a fair chance to recieve a code at some point..
    for me its not interesting at all cause i dont have mac or ios.
  • @Phal_anx - I hear ya, but it's meant to get more people to turn on notifications for all forum posts rather than just check their individual messages :)

Speaking of which, here's another one (Mac): 3TNY4WPYJMF9

@sot have another go!
  • ahhh ok :)
  • I mailed a friend about the code and just got back to email he said he downloaded Audulus, so I believe he took the code. Sorry not to have posted, I didn't want to preemptively claim if he turned out not to be interested!
  • @demcanulty - right on!

@sot - next time!

I'll post these once or twice a week, so keep checking back, and make sure you have forum email notifications turned on! You might find it helpful to set up a separate email inbox for forum notifications so they don't clog your main email - this is what I do.
  • i tried to get it but the app store said that i can not redeem the app cause i dont updated to el capitan yet (i'm on yosemite), if only allow me to have it on my account it would be alright but no! thx apple :), anyway thank you for the generous offer biminiroad! i'll keep an eye on the forum :)
  • @sot - cool! Leave a note here when you've updated and I'll upload a new code shortly after that you'll have a chance at :)
  • alright! :)
  • hello biminiroad I just want to say that I installed Sierra and tried the last code you posted again and it worked! thank you very much :) ,had the win version and now i can play with my mac too (I believe the greek App Store does not have a review of the app yet so I'll put one as soon as I can), bye!

ps. unfortunately apple says "To rate this app, you must have purchased it from the Mac App Store" so i can't rate it, anyway i'll spread the word
  • Hey Mark -- Thanks for the code you posted on twitter that I somehow got by random chance! Last time I played with Audulus was a trial version a year or so back; it was a CPU HOG! This latest version I got last night is WAY lighter, and doesn't make my poor little mid 2010 MacBook scream in melting pain! Look forward to learning and using this to augment my knowledge of Eurorack and Modular! This thing is HUGE!
  • @boe_dye - Taylor has optimized the heck out of Audulus, and has some further optimizations in both the expression and light nodes. Do you have an Expert Sleepers ES-8 or other DC coupled audio interface?
  • Might as well post another free code:

iOS: XKPXRHRA7NYP
  • I used that one up mark thanks! Finally got it on my ipad
  • Shucks, I was at the gym!
  • @biminiroad - Nope, just simple aux plug to some speakers. I have a Focusrite that I never use cause I never have time to record much anymore.
  • 4 Free Mac codes! Please comment once redeemed, and please don't be greedy - just take one!

FN799R9JWTRM
    WN4JMERPT36J
    LEJ9FKJ6MRHY
    JT6JPTNXNLFY
  • LEJ9FKJ6MRHY redeemed. Thanks al lot @biminiroad
  • Thanks! I just redeemed WN4JMERPT36J. I'm new here, so I really appreciate it. I mainly develop Reaktor Blocks and have been wanting to experiment with Audulus.
  • @Heiliger_Bimbam @trickyflemming - Surprised they've lasted this long! Welcome to Audulus :)
  • FN799R9JWTRM redeemed. Thanks @biminiroad! I bought the iOS version recently and have been lurking the forum picking up tips. I'll be sure to contribute some patches once I have my head wrapped around the interface...
  • Redeeming JT6JPTNXNLFY
  • Free iOS Code!

3XM49X9TMH9H
  • How do you use this code? When i go to the ios store, i am given an option to buy.... not enter a code...
  • Claiming/ redeeming 3xm49x9tmh9h. How do i use this code? I obtaned audulus, but believe i was charged. Thanks for assistance.
  • @gravytop - you'll have to get a refund through Apple - sounds like you purchased it. You can't use the codes retroactively.

Get a refund then contact me through email mark@audulus.com and I'll send you a code privately. Everyone else, go ahead and keep trying for this code, it's still available!

3XM49X9TMH9H
  • Thanks, man. Will try to get a refund....
  • @gravytop Might I suggest keeping it now that you got it? Consider it a happy accident, but one that could take you some wonderful places! Audulus is huge, and for the price you paid you are getting what would easily cost you thousands in Eurorack hardware. Open it up and play with it, its a great app!!
  • I appreciate the suggestion. I do have a desktop version... so I have supported this developer and will happily do so again in future. It's just that I have to be very judicious about non-essential purchases right now for financial reasons...
  • @boe_dye @gravytop - thanks! Anyone know if this code has been claimed?

3XM49X9TMH9H
  • Tried to have my bandmate use it and the store said it was claimed.
  • @RileyGuy - thanks! I'll post another one at some point soon :)
  • Do you have any positive feedback, that all this "free stuff" generates long term users?
    I'm just curious: How many active users dipped in Audulus by free codes and actually generated any revenue (or helped like making videos...)?
  • I bought the iOS Version after claiming a Mac freebie.
  • I imagine it generates good will for those who paid for the desktop and now have the iOS version. But I too am kind of curious what tools Taylor and Mark have for tracking activity.
  • @Experiment1 @Heiliger_Bimbam @RobertSyrett - It's mostly to:

1) Expand the user base - more people making more patches means more features for everyone
    2) Raise awareness/free advertising - posts I make that feature giveaways drive a lot of traffic to them. There's not always a measurable bump in sales, but some of it is a long term investment in people buying Audulus 4 (hook people who otherwise would never have tried Audulus to begin with).
    3) These codes are given as goodwill/thanks for people using the forum
    4) Generating general goodwill - we're the only app that has give out this many free copies, I'm almost sure of it. People notice and appreciate that!

• I paid for the iOS version. Tried to use a free code for Mac when it was posted on here and also accidentally paid for the Mac version. Happy to now own both so no harm no foul I guess!
  • I'd say that my way to Audulus was very well described by your second point.

But Audulus seemed to be to little to only live from love and goodwill so I decided to pay what you are willing to ask. But ppl like me who are willing to pay for every effort become much more rarely.

Btw. I'm working on some post, but more in a wholesome, like Audulus program, description and video performance. That's something I'm missing around all this gorgeous content everyone is producing here. @biminiroad makes a very good move with his streams. This and preset-patches would flood many people in an active community.

The whole "we regulary give our work basically for free" is the final nail in the coffin for the new "everything is free digital age". People get used to not paying for stuff - and then they aren't willing to pay for anything anymore.

Damn I'm divagating to much to marketing and psychological stuff.

Basically what I want to say: I'm reading too much "free stuff" when I'm googling Audulus so people would wait for the next offer instead of buying.
    A german chain named "Praktiker" basically doomed itself with it's regulary "20% on everything (except animalfood :D)". Or all the audio plugin discounts. Who would every buy the waves plugins for their normal price, when you know that the next discount will 100% come?
  • @Experiment1 - "Basically what I want to say: I'm reading too much "free stuff" when I'm googling Audulus so people would wait for the next offer instead of buying."

People who would wait to possibly get a free version are probably not going to translate into quality users who contribute a lot on the forum or dive very deeply into the program. I can see people maybe waiting once for the next go around, getting impatient, and then just buying it. But the people who only wait till it's free are probably just app collectors.

Let me put it this way: giving away free copies doesn't *hurt* our sales in any measurable way. And it has grown our user base and there's always the word of mouth factor - someone gets an app for free, they love it, they tell their friends who buy it, etc.

Other apps don't really benefit in the ways we do from more users - more users = more innovation and participation here, whereas more people using Patterning doesn't make the app itself more useful per se (though people do share sample kits). Not knocking it or any other app, it's just Audulus is pretty unique in this way. Even other software modulars don't have the same kind of granularity that Audulus does where it's useful to share things like converters or high/low detectors, etc.

As for who would ever buy Waves at normal price? I dunno, but their business model and pricing accounts for that. I don't think it devalues Audulus to give it away - we just need to convince a critical mass of people that it's worth the $20-50 we sell it for. Short of releasing a demo patch player version (which Taylor doesn't want to do for many reasons), it's the best way to get Audulus in the hands of people who might never have even thought to play with it.
  • Here's a free iOS code!

X7PW9TAWKN9L
  • X7PW9TAWKN9L redeemed. Thanks a lot!
  • dammit!