Yer-Rack Eurorack Showoff Corner
  • Show off your Eurorack that you're using with Audulus here!

I'll start:

Tiptop HEK

2-4 voices oscillators, sequencers, envelopes coming from Audulus

Mankato+Tube VCA for nasty Moog-like bass

SEMs for lush pads/leads

2hp for nice squelchie squelchies

Mordax DATA for LFOs and analysis :)

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 7.41.29 PM.png
    1099 x 432 - 519K

Pittsburgh Structure - 96 HP

Starting from top left

Pittsburgh LPG Mk II - I use this as a resonant low pass filter most of the time. It has some really funky scaling on the knobs and when it self-resonates it shoots up to like 20 volts, but I love the sound. Very vintage weird sounding. Why? It might be the vactrol.

Disting Mk III- It's been a wave-shaping LFO for a about 2 months. Eventually I'll find other settings... or maybe just sell it. The Mordax Data seems like it will become the new disting soon enough, plus it has a huge oled display.

Chronoblob - Digital voltage controlled delay. I bought it for the illustration, love it for the versatility of sound design and clarity.

Pittsburgh IN OUT Mk II - This is the portal into the land of moogerfoogers.

2Hp Trim (x2) - Super handy to turn self-resonating filters down and lfo signals and such.

MakeN0ise Moddemix - Dual ring modulator and VCA, also comes in handy as a 3 channel mixer. Contemplating getting another of these because of how useful it turned out to be.

2HP Mult - I use it sometimes, but this is basically a space buffer between the ES-8 and other modules because the ES-8 is actually pretty bulky behind the panel and the cables get cramped.

ES-8 - I usually plug this into my Laptop and use ableton and audulus vst when I am recording or plug in my ipad and mess with Audulus directly. Looking forward to the day Audulus can make use of all the ports :)

Intellijel Atlantis - This synth really makes my day. Reliable and versatile with a great-sounding multimode filter, the Atlantis is a part of almost every patch I make on the modular in one way or another. The individual envelopes and LFO are easy to use on their own and the synth voice has lots of space around the sliders to make performing modulations straight-forward. Probably everyone should have one of these and hasn't realized it yet.

MakeN0ise Rosie - This is either where I plug-in my headphones or the amp. When It's time to use the DAW It's mostly about having a stereo headphone output. When I'm jamming with friends, the crossfade mixer is basically how I transition sounds.

Alongside this case is a 0-Coast with is basically a free-floating module and I will use one or both the Arturia Keysteo and Roland A-01.

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 5.08.27 PM.png
    648 x 658 - 654K
  • Just won a copy of Audulus via the Ipad Musician FB group :) Here is my current eurorack system.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/390601
    modulargrid_390601.jpg
    1275 x 678 - 448K
  • I just started dabbling recently.. this is mine at the moment. The Mother32 and Roland modules aren't actually racked, but they're part of the system so I included them for reference.

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_410981.jpg
  • Getting the new ADC and DAC modules has caused me to stop trying to build and buy new modules and get down to business making music. The motu outputs in the middle of this picture come out of the white module up top, which amplifies them to eurorack range. The black modules at the bottom are a PAiA synth which was the first thing I built/acquired for this rack. I'm really enjoying this wave folder module that a friend of mind made, and the Delptronics Triggerman driving the TipTop drum modules into the Synthrotek DLY, ECHO, and VERB units.

Also, having a mixer on the outputs for panning and aux-send feedback loops is really nice. Those feedback loops can be great. No audulus in this one, but I'm really pleased with where it's at and am working on expanding this one with Audulus integration.

http://papercanary.org/mcanulty/mp3s/Oakland_2017/170430_03.mp3
    IMG_6514.JPG
    3024 x 4032 - 3M
  • @demcanulty that's a pretty good looking rack! Those z3000 keep tempting me. Do you find knowing the hz ro be useful? Also, how does the synthrotek DLY compare to, for example, the moog bucket brigade delays?
  • @RobertSyrett

Thanks! I'm just kind of new into this, so it's a bit of a hodgepodge, the Pittsburgh module I borrowed from work because it needed some repair, and several of the modules I got off of craigslist because people were letting them go inexpensively. A friend of mine loaned me his synth and he had two of those z3000 units. At first I thought they looked kind of silly with their readouts, but I was really impressed by all the sync and modulation options, so when Waveformless in Oakland said they were willing to sell me their old units for 200 each, I decided to pounce on it. The frequency counter display isn't crucial, and it's a little slow to catch up to the actual settings, but it's kinda handy when you just want to look up and see if the frequency is moving around or if it's stable.

The synthrotek DLY, ECHO, and VERB all use the PT2399 chip, which is digital but it has a pretty nice analog sound. I don't know the moog delay pedal personally, but I'm a bit of a delay aficionado and I quite like their sounds. You can get some nice goopy trails when you change the delay time. For a good insanely cheap bucket brigade, it's hard to beat the behringer vintage delay. I might try to do a hack job and put one of those into a module one of these days and then do a side by side comparison. also, on the synthrotek modules, I think DLY is better than ECHO, I think it's just as good with more options. Their kits are pretty fun and a nice discount from the premade units.
  • I love waveformless too. They fixed my sub 37 when the keybed was broken and let me mess around with the minimoog and macbeth that looks like an arp 2600. I forgot that they have one of my paintings in a little frame in the shop, that really tickled me the last time I was in there.

I didn't quite catch that the DLY was "bucket-brigade style" for "analog-sounding" delays. It still sounds like a good piece of kit, but I already have a chrono blob digital delay and another digital delay would be hard to justify. I currently have a moog minifooger analog delay pedal that sounds amazing, and it pretty much stays attached to my pittsburgh in/out module. Let me know if you have any success hacking up a behringer vintage delay, I may follow your footsteps.
  • Awesome, I'll keep an eye out for that painting! Will let you know if I do anything with the bbd board. I'm traveling in the second part of this week, so no fun soldering projects for at least another week.
  • Really enjoying looking at everybody else's gear and thinking about it, neat thread!
  • Finally settled on my ultimate Audulus+Eurorack rig that I'll use at demonstrations and conferences.
    1. Uses laptop to run Audulus and send audio/CV back and forth through the ES-8s.
    2. DATA for visualization/instruction.
    3. Disting for samples + multitool
    4. L-1 Tube VCA for dirty color
    5. SEM as an example analog filter

1u:
    1. Mults - for sending out 2 different clocks to guitar pedals/korg Volcas/etc.
    2. USB - for charging iPad/iPhone for doing a demonstration
    3. Att/Off - mostly used for their Offset, these knobs will sent to inputs on the ES-8 and act like high-resolution encoders.
    4. Buttons - these act like "shift" functions that change what the knobs are doing. When you hold the button down, it could, say, turn the bottom four AttOffs from ADSR to filter cutoff, modulation amount, envelope */+ scaling. And with another button (or a double tap, or whatever) it could change that to sequencer step values. The idea is to make a hardware controller for Audulus so you can use the laptop as a display, but get the feeling of interacting with a real modular.
    5. Ribbon controller - just another CV source for Audulus
    6. Laika - some nice germanium distortion, probably for bass
    7. Output - this is the Pulp Logic LBZ54, so that leads to the output on the side of the case.

Off screen:
    KMI 12-Step for foot control over arpeggiation stuff.

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 10.58.41 AM.png
    811 x 676 - 704K

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!