Connecting midi controller
  • Hello! I've recently bought KORG nanokey2 and tried to connect it to audulus (Windows PC). I can see it in Active MIDI inputs, checked it in, did learn midi CC but nothing is working. Am I doing something wrong? Is there an solution?
  • If you want to assign a keypress to a button, you have to use the Trigger node - have you tried that? Can you try to explain a little more about what exactly you did (and maybe post the patch that you were using too? that always helps :) )
  • I tried Trigger node- it works. I want to use "midi in" patch and play notes in audulus. I tried default presets that come with audulus - like "the fire inside"
  • "I want to use "midi in" patch and play notes in audulus."

Does that not work with your keyboard?
  • nope, its not sending any signal
  • @TDWD - can you upload the patch that you're using? Maybe a setting has changed...also try the Keyboard node and see if that outputs anything.
  • Yep! tried Keyboard node - doesnt send any signal.
    Patch.audulus
  • I opened up your patch and it worked perfectly on my computer using a korg nanokey2 windows 10. But I recall I had the same problem when I first installed Audulus. Email taylor@audulus.com and ask for the midi keyboard in patch. I think that will sort things out.
  • @RobertSyrett did you install any aditional drivers for nanokey2?
  • I know what it is - you're probably broadcasting on a MIDI channel that's other than 1 (what's in the patch, inside the module). Maybe I saved the default on channel 1? I should be on Omni. Go inside the keyboard module, find the keyboard node, then flip the channel number to Omni and that should work.
  • Already tried that before - still nothing :(
  • @TDWD - Do you have a DAW that has musical typing? If so, can you open the plugin of Audulus there and try that? If musical typing works, it's something up with your controller, not Audulus...
  • Tried to open audulus in FL studio - same problem, but other vsts works fine- i've spend couple hours playing with controller in serum. It's just Audulus that is not working
  • @TDWD - are you saying musical typing doesn't work?
  • i think this is what he means... :)

how about reinstalling audulus and nanokeys (software, drivers)

EDIT: did you try to control an audulus patch throu FL studio piano roll, put in some notes and press play... would be interesting if this works
  • Musical typing is not working only with audulus in FL studio. What I'm saying is that everything else is working but not audulus - every single plugin in fl studio works fine with controller, I even opened up standalone plugins outside daw - still works. Tried reinstalling audulus- didnt help.

EDIT: I tried to control audulus patch with piano roll many times before and now - nothing. Silent.
  • Ill try to reinstall controller drivers tomorrow (its late here)
  • it's a known bug. I sent taylor this video
    and he sent me a message like:
    Hi Rob,

Go ahead and give this version a try:

Audulus Setup.zip

I fixed some bugs with MIDI on Windows. Does that help?

cheers
    - Taylor

and it totally did fix the problem. This sounds like the same thing.
  • Yep. The same problem. I already messeged taylor. Waiting for response.
  • Still no response from taylor, maybe email was wrong?
  • well you can always try support@audulus.com
  • Hello again! I contacted to Taylor, but didn't receive any answer from him, would be great if someone could help me with this problem.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!