Makenoise Dual Prismatic Oscillator.
  • now thats a tool :) btw... thanks for the wavefolder tool... will implement it into my current OSC :D and i will kick out the pm to get real FM going :)
  • I found a video of how waveshaping works on the endorphines furthurrr complex oscillator
  • Yet another video:

I made some basic waveforms based on what the oscilloscope shows.

This might be a good project to have two versions, one with standard "osc" nodes and one with funky analog modeled phasor nodes. Perhaps there can be analog "slop" knob added that crossfades between squonky and mathematically accurate. From the video it seems like there are pitch-tracking inconsistencies.

The manual even makes the same point, "The STO is a 100% analog musical instrument that is not suitable for laboratory use."
    DPO Basic Waveforms.audulus
    Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 2.24.33 PM.png
    939 x 669 - 88K
  • https://youtu.be/btBb0z4n1Kw

I think the wave shape/folding is coming along nicely now that I know what the "angle" part of the DPO is doing. I should say at this point I'm not even bothering to make it an exact replica but rather my take on a dual oscillator in the grand tradition of complex dual oscillators Buchla started in the 1960's.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!