Eurorack Clone Wishlist
  • This is a place to add your wishlist Eurorack clones - check them against what's already on the list here: http://forum.audulus.com/discussion/1252/eurorack-clone-masterlist#Item_1
  • I FINALLY figured out a way to do the 4ms RCD *correctly* with all its breakout panel features. Will be posting that later today.

Edit: here - http://forum.audulus.com/discussion/1254/4ms-rotating-clock-divider#Item_1
  • my wish would be to have a complex oscillator with wavefolder and a low pass gate. Something like a primary toolset for west coast synthesis. Although I guess we could get this with available modules and user contributions already.
  • @phil999 Which complex oscillator did you have in mind? Buchla? Verbos? Makenoise? Pittsburgh? Sputnik?

I would be down to make an Audulus DPO. I too like the sound of two oscillators cross FMing each other.

BTW, the expression for serge-style wavefolding is 2*asin(sin(x*pi/2))/pi and you just multiply x until your wave has been sufficiently folded.
    Torturing R2.audulus
    2M
    Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 1.52.45 PM.png
    930 x 487 - 59K
  • actually I don't care which brand - I would prefer Buchla or Endorphin.es, but I don't think that it really matters in software. The LPG is probably more difficult to do in Audulus (and in software in general) because those vactrols are a bit difficult to emulate.

Well it's just an idea, and since there is a wishlist thread I just wrote what I'd like to have.
  • the DPO would be nice :D
  • @Phil999 - Vactrol and LPG are already made by others ;) i found them here

http://forum.audulus.com/discussion/811/a-couple-of-new-modules#Item_14
  • Cool, I'll post the manual over on a new thread.
  • Well, here is the fun/easy part :^)

Seriously though, this could be a good thing to work on, since it has some similar stuff to the octocontroller, but is a bit less overwhelming.
    Prob1-Prob8.audulus
    Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 10.12.21 AM.png
    713 x 1050 - 165K
  • @RobertSyrett - I used your patch with some parts of the Probability Switch.. its def not a fully Pithoprakta clone but it works so far. i m sure i did it wrong cause it only works that all light up/give output..
    Pithoprakta.png
    1018 x 762 - 46K
    Pithoprakta.audulus
    3M
  • Looks like it's time for a new thread!
  • @sansnom Requesting a SEM style filter and/or Rossum Electrum Evolution Filter.
  • @RobertSyrett - seems like you could do a cool morphing filter with @SansNom's multi-pole ladder filter using the infinite crossfader that @macromachines made :)
  • i would like to see MATHS ,4MS PEG and Livewire AFG
  • Has anyone done something like a scanner? It's like a 8 channel mux that can be smoothly swept, with cross fading between each channel so you can plug in, say, 8 sound sources and sweep back and forth across them, sort of like a wavetable. You can also use them for CV. Some have a control where you can adjust the "width", meaning the number of adjacent channels that end up in the mix as you sweep through the 8 inputs.

Michael Hetrick included one in his awesome Euroreakt series of Reaktor blocks. I was thinking that might be a good place to start examining a virtual-modular version of the implementation.

I'd be down to try and build one as a first project in Audulus but I'm not sure where to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • RobertSyrett wrote:
    @phil999 Which complex oscillator did you have in mind? Buchla? Verbos? Makenoise? Pittsburgh? Sputnik?

I would be down to make an Audulus DPO. I too like the sound of two oscillators cross FMing each other.

BTW, the expression for serge-style wavefolding is 2*asin(sin(x*pi/2))/pi and you just multiply x until your wave has been sufficiently folded.

This is awesome info re: the Serge, Robert, thanks!

• The 4ms spectral multiband resonator also would make an epic addition to the Audulus feast :)

• @FSK1138 Holy Smokes the AFG! That thing looks like a lot of fun. So much waveshaping in a single oscillator!
  • Thanks! I love formant filters. Seems like a bargain (at least for eurorack haha). Buuut... do I really want to spent hours to deal in an cv-sequence for the vowels?
    Of course I want to. If I spent 2 hours on that kick, then I can also work 4 hours on that sequence.
    What do you think, would it overlap with my Rossum Morpheus?
  • >Rossum Morpheus

I absolutely love the visual interface of that filter.
  • I built a four way crossfader for my zero-crossing oscillator. You could expand it without too much trouble. It smoothly fades between each pair of inputs. (1 to 2 then 2 to 3 etc.)
    Four way x-fade.audulus
  • quadrature LFO, multiband resonator. buchla complex oscillator. quad function generator. :)
  • > quad function generator. :)

In audulus, wouldn't it make more sense to make one function generator and multiply it four times?
  • Ah that's right. A lot to absorb in audulus. Thanks for pointing me to the right direction.