Eurorack Clone Wishlist
  • This is a place to add your wishlist Eurorack clones - check them against what's already on the list here: http://forum.audulus.com/discussion/1252/eurorack-clone-masterlist#Item_1
  • I FINALLY figured out a way to do the 4ms RCD *correctly* with all its breakout panel features. Will be posting that later today.

Edit: here - http://forum.audulus.com/discussion/1254/4ms-rotating-clock-divider#Item_1
  • my wish would be to have a complex oscillator with wavefolder and a low pass gate. Something like a primary toolset for west coast synthesis. Although I guess we could get this with available modules and user contributions already.
  • @phil999 Which complex oscillator did you have in mind? Buchla? Verbos? Makenoise? Pittsburgh? Sputnik?

I would be down to make an Audulus DPO. I too like the sound of two oscillators cross FMing each other.

BTW, the expression for serge-style wavefolding is 2*asin(sin(x*pi/2))/pi and you just multiply x until your wave has been sufficiently folded.
    Torturing R2.audulus
    2M
    Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 1.52.45 PM.png
    930 x 487 - 59K
  • actually I don't care which brand - I would prefer Buchla or Endorphin.es, but I don't think that it really matters in software. The LPG is probably more difficult to do in Audulus (and in software in general) because those vactrols are a bit difficult to emulate.

Well it's just an idea, and since there is a wishlist thread I just wrote what I'd like to have.
  • the DPO would be nice :D
  • @Phil999 - Vactrol and LPG are already made by others ;) i found them here

http://forum.audulus.com/discussion/811/a-couple-of-new-modules#Item_14
  • Cool, I'll post the manual over on a new thread.
  • Well, here is the fun/easy part :^)

Seriously though, this could be a good thing to work on, since it has some similar stuff to the octocontroller, but is a bit less overwhelming.
    Prob1-Prob8.audulus
    Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 10.12.21 AM.png
    713 x 1050 - 165K
  • @RobertSyrett - I used your patch with some parts of the Probability Switch.. its def not a fully Pithoprakta clone but it works so far. i m sure i did it wrong cause it only works that all light up/give output..
    Pithoprakta.png
    1018 x 762 - 46K
    Pithoprakta.audulus
    3M
  • Looks like it's time for a new thread!
  • @sansnom Requesting a SEM style filter and/or Rossum Electrum Evolution Filter.
  • @RobertSyrett - seems like you could do a cool morphing filter with @SansNom's multi-pole ladder filter using the infinite crossfader that @macromachines made :)
  • i would like to see MATHS ,4MS PEG and Livewire AFG
  • Has anyone done something like a scanner? It's like a 8 channel mux that can be smoothly swept, with cross fading between each channel so you can plug in, say, 8 sound sources and sweep back and forth across them, sort of like a wavetable. You can also use them for CV. Some have a control where you can adjust the "width", meaning the number of adjacent channels that end up in the mix as you sweep through the 8 inputs.

Michael Hetrick included one in his awesome Euroreakt series of Reaktor blocks. I was thinking that might be a good place to start examining a virtual-modular version of the implementation.

I'd be down to try and build one as a first project in Audulus but I'm not sure where to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • RobertSyrett wrote:
    @phil999 Which complex oscillator did you have in mind? Buchla? Verbos? Makenoise? Pittsburgh? Sputnik?

I would be down to make an Audulus DPO. I too like the sound of two oscillators cross FMing each other.

BTW, the expression for serge-style wavefolding is 2*asin(sin(x*pi/2))/pi and you just multiply x until your wave has been sufficiently folded.

This is awesome info re: the Serge, Robert, thanks!

• The 4ms spectral multiband resonator also would make an epic addition to the Audulus feast :)

• @FSK1138 Holy Smokes the AFG! That thing looks like a lot of fun. So much waveshaping in a single oscillator!
  • Thanks! I love formant filters. Seems like a bargain (at least for eurorack haha). Buuut... do I really want to spent hours to deal in an cv-sequence for the vowels?
    Of course I want to. If I spent 2 hours on that kick, then I can also work 4 hours on that sequence.
    What do you think, would it overlap with my Rossum Morpheus?
  • >Rossum Morpheus

I absolutely love the visual interface of that filter.
  • I built a four way crossfader for my zero-crossing oscillator. You could expand it without too much trouble. It smoothly fades between each pair of inputs. (1 to 2 then 2 to 3 etc.)
    Four way x-fade.audulus
  • quadrature LFO, multiband resonator. buchla complex oscillator. quad function generator. :)
  • > quad function generator. :)

In audulus, wouldn't it make more sense to make one function generator and multiply it four times?
  • Ah that's right. A lot to absorb in audulus. Thanks for pointing me to the right direction.
  • It's been a while since there have been requests for euro clones, so I thought I'd throw one out: Akemie's Castle. It's based on old and simple (?) digital chips so shouldn't be too hard, right?
  • @viilis sounds good! How do you think we should proceed? I think I can make a fm/pm operator but all the algorithm switching is going to be tricky. Separately the chord functionally needs to be deconstructed.
  • Here's my messy attempt at a switching framework using mux/demux modules. I might have overlooked something crucial (I mostly use Audulus for simple disting-y stuff with my eurorack). I didn't include oscillators or anything, just a bunch of empty boxes to start working on the switching. Could something like this work? Then just add the operators and ins/outs/knobs.

AC.audulus
  • @villis Awesome! Why don't you start up a separate thread and I will join you over there :)
  • Just joining the Audulus world after picking up an ES-8! My first clone is a clockable CV recorder/looper similar to what I used the voltage block for. Just using a clocked delay line and quantized punching in/out and seems to work well! I'll post online once ive cleaned the interface up a bit.

I really want to have a go at the Basimilus Iteritas someday. Or at least a complex percussion module inspired by
    Capture.PNG
    1535 x 754 - 210K
  • @jimi23 - awesome!!! That sounds great. Those diagrams seem cool - do the pictures of the non-sine waves represent exactly what the wave is doing? You could possibly get close with the spline wave.

Would love to see video/audio of the ES-8 Audulus combo in action!
  • 6 tonal oscillators morph between basic sine triangle square and saw shapes. The 7th is just a noise gen.

The interesting bit is the spread and harmonic controls. At minimum spread the osc are in unison. At maximum they are in the harmonic series, with all sorts of inharmonic sounds between. The harmonic knob adjusts the volume and decay of the oscillators.
    At minimum 'harmonics' only the root oscillator is audible. As it increases more harmonics are brought in, and i think the decay of the higher harmonics is increased. All of this is mixed and sent through a wavefolder.

There are a few more tricks (it runs at variable sample rate so the aliasing is in tune with the fundamental) but id be happy to get a basic 6 operator percussion thing going to begin with. Its very flexible, when sent modulation per step its basically a full digital drum kit!

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/58c709192e69cf2422026fa6/t/58cc72ddd2b85767b559f9c3/1489793759104/BIA_manual.pdf
  • @jimi23 you should start a thread with this info.