TwinPeak Filter
  • I created this Filter Modul after watching this Video on Youtube about the Epoch TwinPeak (Eurorack Filter Modul).

enjoy!
    DuoFilterX.audulus
    1.png
    1022 x 766 - 59K
  • wow, that's awesome
  • Another good module, although I think it differs in a number of ways from the original. Still good fun though :)
  • Sick man, thanks for sharing! I think I'm going to set up a "euro clone" section of the forum with @Taylor's blessing...could be a fruitful area of discovery! :)
  • @RobertSyrett - yea its not exactly like the original.. i still try to figure out some stuff like th curve knob.. and the dual mod knob... also the twinpeak works with 2 lp filters and create a bandpass when turning the knob..

thanks, @biminiroad
  • Recategorized! :)
  • ha! a new category was born!
  • @RobertSyrett, @biminiroad ... a question for both of you :)
    how could i create a crossfade with 1 input and 2 outputs.. to blend seamlessly between those outputs... so it would need 1 input for the signal, 1 input for the knob and 2 outputs.. is there any exp i can use for that? i cant get my head around this
  • like panning?
  • yes.. is there already a modul?

Edit: just found a pan in the moduls area :)
  • off the top of my head...
    edit: derp, the knob label is reversed, it should say b-a. hurray for waking up at 3am
    AB.audulus
    Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 2.48.08 AM.png
    1111 x 597 - 91K
    Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 2.48.15 AM.png
    760 x 476 - 49K
  • The thing I don't understand about this module is one signal going to two filters and being summed again, or is one filter always a high pass and one filter a low pass and if one frequency is higher than the other they switch so that the signal never cuts out... There is a muffwiggler thread where there are pictures of a module prototype where there is a knob on the module and it is called a 3D VCF. Very interesting and very nice sounding but also kind of unclear.
  • i can use the pan modul which is already at moduls->mixer->pan
    why are you awake at 3am? :D
    ok, here its 11.54 time to eat lunch...
  • yes this is what i try to find out.. there are 2 lp filters in parallel summed at the output but if u turn the curve knob the 2nd filter switches from lp to hp.. 1st and 2nd filter are now in serial to create the bp filter... but the 1st one is still on the summed output.. something like that.. as far as i understand it
  • i m def getting closer to the orginial already.. dual mode knob works now aswell
    1.png
    1021 x 850 - 70K
    DuoFilterX v2.audulus
  • I'm in California. Home of almond trees and avocado sushi :)
  • ahh california :) i live in austria... in the middle of europe :D

i just read about another twinpeak filter from KlanbauKöln

http://www.klangbauköln.de/synthesizer/3d-vcf-oszillator-klangbau-koeln-synth-module-twin-peak-filter-nach-rob-hordijk-fuer-3he/

there its written that 2lp filters are connected inverse-parallel.. i will try to invert the 2nd filter and look if this works...
  • ohhhhh, the second lo-pass receives a phase inverted signal, so it's basically receiving "-x." So when the two low-pass filter signals are summed, you get a band pass. I get it now.
  • Here is my riff on the Twin Peaks filter, based on your description.
    Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 3.58.46 AM.png
    974 x 629 - 211K
    Lumberton Band Pass.audulus
    4M
  • also very interesting
  • i think i got it now... its pretty close to what u can do with my clone and the one from epoch modular...
    DuoFilterX v4.audulus
    1.png
    1021 x 747 - 59K
  • thanks again, @RobertSyrett ... your patch of this filtertype helped me alot. i still will tweak it cause the freq canceling is to much..
  • My pleasure, It's nice to see a new filter arrangement! Now I gotta figure out how to do this with my modular analog filters...
  • It might be time to revisit the Twin Peak filter with these new Sansnom filter modules.
    Firewalk BPF.audulus
    Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 4.31.06 PM.png
    215 x 354 - 26K
  • @RobertSyrett - I already did :) just didnt upload it here till now..

the original TwinPeak modul doesnt self-oscillate as far as i know but this one here does.. thanks to 2 of Sansnom´s LP filter moduls (v1.2)
    keytracking is also a neat feature but still not included in my version.
    DuoFilterX v5.audulus
  • Very nice! The filter folder is getting a little fatter every day.